Parents are encouraged to become involved in every stage of their child’s development. We recognise the importance of the partnership with parents and strive to build and maintain a sound and effective relationship with each parent. Your involvement will contribute greatly to all aspects of your child’s wellbeing and education
We use an app called FAMLY (app.famly.co) this is where you will be able to; all invoices, it’s also where we will post up home learning ideas, a selection of photos of the weeks activities, as well as giving you the ability to report your child in sick or on holiday and to be able to communicate directly with other parents etc. This is also where we will post pertinent information regarding the nursery ie nursery closures and events.
- See daily posts of what your child's bubble has been up to
- See a selection of photographs of the weeks activities
- Receive Weekly Home Learning Activities
- See your child's Learning Journals and Observations
- View your Invoices and account summary
- Report your child in sick or on holiday
- View Pertinent information regarding the nursery i.e nursery closures, events etc
Twice a year a formal meeting will be arranged between parents and their child's key person. These meetings give parents and key persons the opportunity to meet and discuss children’s progress and share any concerns about their development.
The meetings take place in the Autumns and Summer terms a little after half term.
a) If you feel you don’t get the chance to talk to your key worker at pick up or drop off or have a concern about your child’s progress and would like to arrange additional meetings beyond the formal key worker meetings please email [email protected] and we4 will organise a meeting for you.
b) If we have any concerns regarding your child’s progress or behaviour, we will also reach out to you to arrange a meeting so that we can put a plan together to help support your child.
c) Dependent on current social distancing requirement these meetings may take place over the phone or via zoom instead of in person.
- 1.Nativity Evening - every December we welcome all parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, brothers and sisters to join us in celebrating the holidays.
- 2.Teddy Bear’s Picnic – Summer Term – we welcome all parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, brothers and sisters to join us in celebrating those that are going to school in September
- 1.Current Parent Survey Gives parents the opportunity to share their views on the nursery, and provides us with invaluable information that enables us to continue to provide the highest standards of care and early years provision for your child.This usually goes out in the Spring Term
- 2.Former Parent Survey We are always looking to improve the service we offer to our children and their families and who better to get feedback from then former parents of ours. We send this survey out towards the end of your child’s first term at “big” school.
The board is located outside the bus and has staff, first aid, and any other information we feel is beneficial for you the parents.
If you would like to make any anonymous suggestions on our practice, express concerns or tell us how fabulous the setting is then please feel free to put these comments in our comment box which is located by the Parent Board by the bus. The box is checked on a daily basis
Every week we will send out one or two activities on Famly that gives ideas to parents on how you are able to support your child’s learning at home.